M. Phil in Education (Educational Leadership
1. Students enrolled in the first semester of the study program are given pre-selected courses; all other students may select their own courses subject to the scheme of studies and the limitations prescribed in the rules below.
2. The credit hour limits are as below:
i. For the first semester a maximum of 9 credit hours are allowed.
the second semester a maximum of 11 credit hours are allowed.
iii. For the third semester a maximum of 9 credit hours are allowed.
iv. For the fourth, and any extra subsequent semesters a maximum of 12 credit hours are allowed.
3. Students taking less than the course load prescribed by their scheme of studies will require additional semesters to complete the curriculum; in such cases they will also have to bear the extra cost.
During a study program, students may attempt to improve a ‘B-‘ ,
‘C’ or ‘D’ grade course only once before completion of entire course work
Note: During third semester, students of both thesis track and
coursework track may select two compulsory courses. The students of coursework
track will select one extra course (alternative to thesis) while the students
with thesis track will select the thesis. For the fourth semester, the
students with coursework track will select one course of 3 credit hour
(alternative to thesis) while the students with thesis track will continue to
work on their thesis.
Rules for the selection of Research Thesis
1. In order to enroll for Research Thesis course, students must have:
i. Achieved a CGPA of 2.50 or higher [for students enrolled till Spring-2016]
ii. Achieved a CGPA of 3.00 or higher [for students enrolled after Spring-2016].
iii. Earned 18 credit hours as prescribed.
Rules for the Selection of Course Work Track
1. In order to enroll for Course Work Track, students must have:
i. achieved a CGPA of 2.50 or higher.
ii. Earned 18 credit hours as prescribed.
(Note: The choice of the Research Thesis
is at the student’s discretion. However, consultation with the student’s
advisor is compulsory. Students have to submit a detailed write-up of the
Research Thesis and will be required to give presentation and defend before the
panel of examiners.)
In order to select your courses, follow the steps below:
(Note: You may want to consult your scheme of studies under the Student Services section in your LMS account, in case of any confusion).
RECOMMENDATION: Full Time Regular Students Are Urged To Follow Their Prescribed Scheme Of Studies.