BS (Public Administration)
1. Students enrolled in the first semester of their study program are given pre-selected courses; all other students may select their own courses subject to their scheme of studies and the limitations prescribed in the rules below.
i. For the first and second semesters a maximum of 15 credit hours are allowed
ii. For the third and subsequent semester(s) a maximum of 18 credit hours are allowed. However, in certain cases, the University may allow to enroll maximum 21 credit hours only if student’s CGPA is ≥ 3.00 out of 4.
iii. For Final semester, maximum 21 credit hours of coursework are allowed in addition to Project/Internship as applicable, subject to the condition that all degree requirements will be completed within the same semester and no other course selection rules, such as pre-requisite or specialization requirements, will be violated.
Note: Maximum limits prescribed for enrollment of credit hours includes ‘F’ or ‘D’ grade courses, if any enrolled.
3. Students taking less than the course load prescribed by their scheme of studies will require extra semesters to complete the curriculum; in such cases they will also have to bear the additional cost.
4. During a study program, students may attempt to improve a "D" grade course only once.
Rules for Internship Report and Final Project:
1. In order to enroll for an Internship Report or a Final Project, students must have:
i. Achieved a CGPA of 2.0 or higher.
ii. Earned 105 or more credit hours.
2. In order to enroll for a Final Project, students must have:
i. Passed STA630 Research Methods course.
3. Regular Students (non-job holders):
i. Are required to select "Internship Course" when offered in their scheme of studies, instead of a Final Project.
ii. Must undergo a 6 to 8 week internship in an organization approved by the course teacher.
iii. Will be required to submit an Internship Report (IR) for evaluation and an Internship Completion Certificate (ICC) at the end of the internship program.
iv. Will be required to request their internship supervisor(s) to send a performance report of the internee by filling up the prescribed evaluation form and submitting it in a sealed envelope to the University.
4. On Job Students
i. Are required to select "Final Project" instead of an Internship Report Course.
ii. Must submit a Job Confirmation Letter (JCL) obtained from their current employer and claim exemption from the internship.
(Note: Evaluation of the course "Final Project" / "Internship Report" will be based on pass/fail criteria and will not affect a student's CGPA. However, being a compulsory requirement, it is necessary to pass this course to fulfill the requirements of the degree program).
In order to select your courses, follow the steps below:
(Note: You may want to consult your scheme of studies under the Student Services section in your LMS account, in case of any confusion).
RECOMMENDATION: Full Time Regular Students Are Urged To Follow Their Prescribed Scheme Of Studies.