BS (Computer Science)
1. Students enrolled in the first semester of their study program are given pre-selected courses; all other students may select their own courses subject to their scheme of studies and the limitations prescribed in the rules below.
2. The credit hour limits are as below:
i. For the first and second semesters a maximum of 15 credit hours are allowed
ii. For the third and subsequent semester(s) a maximum of 18 credit hours are allowed. However, in certain cases, the University may allow to enroll maximum 21 credit hours only if student’s CGPA is ≥ 3.00 out of 4.
iii. For Final semester, maximum 21 credit hours of coursework are allowed in addition to Project/Internship as applicable, subject to the condition that all degree requirements will be completed within the same semester and no other course selection rules, such as pre-requisite or specialization requirements, will be violated.
Note: Maximum limits prescribed for enrollment of credit hours includes ‘F’ or ‘D’ grade courses, if any enrolled.
3. Students taking less than the course load prescribed by their scheme of studies will require extra semesters to complete the curriculum; in such cases they will also have to bear the additional cost.
4. During a study program, students may attempt to improve a "D" grade course only once.
Rules for Final Project:
1. Students are required to complete a Final Project within two consecutive semesters (carrying a workload of 3 credit hours per semester).
2. Final Project may only be taken by the seventh semester regular students.
3. In order to enroll for a Final Project, students must have:
i. Achieved a CGPA of 1.75 or higher
ii. Earned 90 or more credit hours.
In order to select your courses, follow the steps below:
1. From within the LMS, click the Student Services button
2. Click on the Course Selection link
3. Give preference to "F" grade course(s) and the improvement of "D" grades where possible
4. Click the check boxes to select courses
5. Save the selection
6. You may make changes in course selection any number of times before the last date to add, drop or replace course(s).
(Note: Final Project spans two consecutive semesters however, it is selected only once)
(Note: You may want to consult your scheme of studies under the Student Services section in your LMS account, in case of any confusion).
RECOMMENDATION: Full Time Regular Students Are Urged To Follow Their Prescribed Scheme Of Studies.