B.Ed. (Honors) Elementary
1. Students enrolled in the first semester of the study program are given pre-selected courses; all other students may select their own courses subject to the scheme of studies and the limitations prescribed in the rules below.
i. For the first semester a maximum of 16 Credit Hours are allowed.
ii. For the second semester a maximum of 17 Credit Hours are allowed.
iii. For the third and subsequent semesters, a maximum of 18 Credit hours are allowed. However, in certain cases, the University may allow to enroll maximum 21 credit hours only if student’s CGPA is ≥ 3.00 out of 4.
iv. For Final semester, maximum 21 credit hours of coursework are allowed in addition to Project/Internship as applicable, subject to the condition that all degree requirements will be completed within the same semester and no other course selection rules, such as pre-requisite or specialization requirements, are violated.
Note: Maximum limits prescribed for enrolment of credit hours includes ‘F’ or ‘D’ grade courses, if any enrolled.
3. Students taking less than the course load prescribed by their scheme of studies will require extra semesters to complete the course work; in such cases they will also have to bear the additional cost.
4. During a study program, students may attempt to improve a ‘D’ grade course only once before completion of entire course work program.
Rules for Area of Group (Specialization):
1. Students shall select two areas of groups (specialization) comprising four courses when groups (specialization) is offered as per the scheme of studies.
2. In order to select an area of groups (specialization), students must have:
i. Achieved a CGPA of 1.75 or higher
ii. Earned 51 or more credit hours.
Rules for Research Project:
1. In order to enrol for Research Project, students must have:
i. Achieved a CGPA of 2.0 or higher.
ii. Earned 120 or more credit hours.
iii. Selected an area of groups (specialization).
iv. Passed STA630-Research Methods course.
v. The choice of the topic of the research project is at the student’s discretion. However, consultation with the student instructor is compulsory. Students have to submit a detailed write-up of the project and may be required to give a presentation.
Rules For Teaching Practice:
1. Students will enroll in Teaching Practice only after studying the pre-requisite courses of methods of teaching.
2. Students should select the Teaching Practice of 15 Credit hours at the same time in the same semester.
(Note: Evaluation of the courses "Research Project" and "Teaching Practice" will be based on pass/fail criteria and will not affect a student's CGPA. However, being a compulsory requirement, it is necessary to pass these courses to fulfil the requirements of the degree program).
In order to select your courses, follow the steps below:
(Note: In case of any confusion, you should consult your scheme of studies under the Student Services section in your LMS account).
Recommendation: Full Time Regular Students Are Urged To Follow Their Prescribed Scheme Of Studies.